3SGT Powered 1981 Toyota Corolla Liftback by Works Engineering

Previously, we’ve talked about creating a Super Muscle Car, the Pinoy way. And this is by putting in a big-ass engine into a lightweight car. Now, we’ll be showing you one such example, that not only has a big-ass engine, but a souped up big-ass engine.

Enter, the 1981 Toyota Corolla Liftback by Works Engineering. It features a massive Toyota 3SGT Engine from a late-model Celica GT-Four, an all-wheel-drive, and was crammed into the engine bay of this old-school Corolla, powering only the rear wheels.
3SGT 1981 Corolla Works 1

Not only that, it has been further modified, and now sports a J Power 350 Turbo! You know what that means? You now have an ultra-cool old school ride, with a tire shredding smoke machine lurking under the hood. A Pinoy super muscle car by all means.
3SGT 1981 Corolla Works 2

Just look at how much space has been used in that engine bay! Nothing has been put to waste. It has been filled to the brim with that Toyota 3SGT engine.
3SGT 1981 Corolla Works Engine

And that gaping hole under the bumper was utilized to fit the massive intercooler; the only indication of what power lurks under the hood when it is closed from view.
3SGT 1981 Corolla Works

This vehicle is by far, one of the coolest old school Toyotas I’ve ever seen. Won’t you agree?

Vehicle:

1981 Toyota Corolla Liftback
Toyota Corolla 3SGT (GT4) Engine
J Power 350 Turbo

This entry was posted in Paint and Body Modifications, Speed and Power Modifications and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 3SGT Powered 1981 Toyota Corolla Liftback by Works Engineering

1. breed discus says:

Hi, this was a really outstanding blog. I’d like to write like this also – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I Am lazy and never seem to get something done.

2. iwantsuzette says:

do you know the rating if was dynoed?

3. THE aSTIG says:

Sorry dude haven’t seen this car dynoed.

4. WorksEngineering says:

The astig, thanks for the post!! yep its true we never tried to dyno the car, but we have gauged it with the new nismo 370z see wht happens you will be shocked!! :).. add me up at facebook to view the vid! thanks http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001210804919&ref=ts

5. THE aSTIG says:

Thanks! We’re friends on Facebook now. Hey do you have a copy of this video on Youtube? I’d like to post it up if possible. Thanks!

6. Thanks for sharing. Share is caring after all.

7. Matias Nicolas Pekel says:

Tenes la mejor maquina del mundo, soy echo a la vieja escuela y tambien tengo un toyota corolla liftback 81. lo compre porque estaba tirado abajo de una planta hacia 2 años, estaba destruida y la fui recuperando de a poco, si me podes decir donde conseguir repuestos te lo agradeceria un monton, agregame al face, porque no tengo idea de como agregarte. gracias y felicitaciones…

8. THE aSTIG says:

Hi Matias – Translating what you said to english: “You’ve got the best machine in the world, I miss the old school and I have a toyota corolla liftback 81. buy it because I lay down a plant to 2 years, was destroyed and was recovering slowly, if I can you tell where to get parts I would appreciate it a lot, add me to face, because I have no idea how to add you. thanks and congratulations …”

If I may ask, where are you located? We can try to source parts here in the Philippines, but shipping might be a pain in the pocket going to your country if you’re outside the Philippines…

9. anny says:

what a shit car. LOL and its a 81 liftback, the model nobody wants. If it was a ke37 or even a ke70 then it would be preety cool if he took off the gay wheels and stupid foglights. Might have a big engine with power but it has no aesthetic appeal watsoever. Might be a custom pinoy ride, but its a shit one.

Comments