I know a lot of you are concerned about purchasing items online. And it is usually due to 2 major factors:
- Fear of Credit Card or Bank Account details stolen, or fear of fraud;
- Concerns about Shipping and its corresponding costs.
At CustomPinoyRides.com, we do sell products such as car audio equipment, aftermarket accessories, and the like, online. So I will answer the 2 major concerns to and provide you with an understanding on how it works.
Fear of Credit Card or Bank Account details being stolen, or fear of fraud:
The CustomPinoyRides.com online store is powered by none other than the world-famous Amazon.com.
The Web site CDNOW (cdnow.com) is powered and hosted by Amazon. Amazon.com powers and operates retail web sites for Target, Sears Canada, Benefit Cosmetics, bebe Stores, Timex Corporation, Marks & Spencer, Mothercare, and Lacoste among others. So who else should we trust to give our details to than Amazon.
Concerns about Shipping and its correspoinding costs:
Since the warehouses are mostly from America, I know that a lot of you may be thinking that the costs for shipping to the Philippinse may be sky-high, especially if you’re buying only a few items. So there are 2 options I can provide to offset the costs:
- If you have relatives or friends in the US, have Amazon ship the goods to your relatives’ or friends’ address, and then they can ship the product/s to you on a balik-bayan box or when they come visit you in the Philippines.
- If you do not have friends or relatives in the US, there are several Filipino-owned shipping businesses who can do this for you. An example of which is JohnnyAir.com. They have several offices in the East Coast and West Coast of the US; as well as in Makati, SM Megamall, and other offices around the Philippines. The offices serve as pick-up and drop-off points for items, and their business is to ship the goods to and from their offices. This is also what OFWs use to send in balikbayan boxes into the country.
You can compare the costs of having the products shipped directly to the Philippines, or by the methods discussed above. But the fact that JohnnyAir is a “pick-up and drop-off point” style of delivery rather than a “door-to-door” type, it is usually cheaper. I actually know a bunch of photographers who purchase their camera gear at Amazon using this method. It works wonders I tell you!
To take advantage of these further, there are a number of items sold (above $25) that offer the FREE Super Saver Shipping to a single U.S. address.
Here are sample rates for Air Shipments via JohnnyAir:
(Guiding Rate: PHP 50.00 / $ 1.00)
1. Regular – Metro Manila = $ 3.50 per lb, Provinces = $ 5.00 per lb. Minimum of 6 lbs. 7 to 8 days delivery time.
2. Express – Metro Manila = $ 5.50 per lb, Provinces = $ 6.50 per lb. Minimum of 2lbs. 4 to 5 days delivery time.
3. Other Highly Taxable Items including Electronics – Metro Manila = $ 7.00 per lb, Provinces = $ 8.00 per lb. Minimum of 2lbs. 5 to 7 days delivery time. There is a surcharge of $ 30.00 for laptops and ipods.
You can apply for optional insurance at 5% of the value of the item/s.
You can pick up the items at any Johnny Air office. In Metro Manila, there’s one in Makati, and one at Megamall. But you can opt for it to be delivered to you for an additional charge of $ 5.00, or $ 10.00 to $ 15.00 for provinces.
So here’s the step-by-step process on how to Buy at Amazon from the Philippines:
Step 1: Choose the products you’d like to buy from the CustomPinoyRides.com online store.
Step 2: Add product/s into your shopping cart and pay online. Since the store is powered by Amazon, you’re sure that your details are secure.
Step 3: If you’d like to take advantage of free shipping to any US address, look for the “eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping” note beside the pricetag. Have the item/s delivered to any JohnnyAir office address in the US.
Step 4: Contact JohnnyAir about the delivery or better yet, go to an one of their local offices to inform them about the delivery. You can arrange to have the item/s picked up at any of their US offices, and have it delivered to any of their offices in the Philippines or directly to you. The rates are shown above.
Viola! You have your products! I hope this helps, and happy shopping!